Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas, and plans for the New Year


Merry Christmas to all, and hopefully, relief from floods and snow. Different problems here.

Last year I produced a graphics gallery at Christmas, and I was hoping to have an update here. But there are some new things coming, so I'll do it when they are out. They are mostly to do with my new enthusiasm for large data sets selectively downloaded in response to user requests (via XMLHTTPRequest). I tried here combining the Google Maps survey of station with the machinery of the climate plotter. I'd like to do the same with the globe plots. I'll add globe plots of GHCN temperature for at least a century of year averages, and over decades, and combine that with the trend data to make a universal globe plot.

I'm also thinking about how to put monthly data in the climate plotter. There are issues about handling seasonality, and there are the mechanics of keeping it updated. But I think that can be mechanised.

I'll also do some analysis of the ISTI data when it is out of beta.

Wishing you all well for the New Year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment